I started the last weekend by making a mold of the decorative doodads at the base of my Dothraki sword.

Progress_June7-003

I also made a small mold for the gem as well.

Progress_June7-002

I cast up 10 copies. The different colors are come from kits I was casting at the same time. It’s always good to have extra molds sitting around to catch the excess resin!

Progress_June7-004

In preparation for the production mold, I hit the gems with a final polishing. The one on the right has been polished.

Progress_June7-005

All 10 polished and ready to mail to the kind souls who agreed to pressure cast these clear gems for me.

Progress_June7-006

I also painted up my new version of the Game of Thrones dragon egg.

Progress_June7-007

This new version has a more accurate top.

Progress_June7-008

Here’s a shot showing the base with many, many applications of brown acrylic paint.

Progress_June7-009

I’ll be announcing the winners of the Barge cement samples tomorrow. You still have some time to get your entry in! Good luck!

Progress_May31-010

Tagged with →  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: