My friend Paul bought some horse hair to add a mustache to his mempo.
After drilling mounting holes in the mempo, I threaded a small bunch (as much as would fit) of hair through to the inside.
I mixed up some plumber’s epoxy putty to encase the end on the hair.
I like that the plumber’s epoxy cures in 5 minutes. ApoxieSculpt is easier to control and sculpt but that hour cure makes it tough to use.
The ends were puttied to the inside of the mask. I smoothed out the edges so, once it’s painted, it’ll just be a little lump.
The final mask
And in place with Pauls’ screen-used 47 Ronin armor!
Scary and intimidating! I guess that’s the point, right?
I weathered my mempo a bit and added ribbon to make it wearable.
My mempo will not have facial hair. I got that covered!
The inside of the mask. The nose holes like like little monster eyes…
I’ve been working away at making parts for the Toy Story Snake. Because the shell is so thin, I found it’s easier to glue the parts together and then clean up the flash.
I finally had enough parts assembled for a test fit. By rotating the tail, he can rear up like in the movie.
Rotating the tail back, he can still do the slithery motion when you lift him up.
I’ve been hanging up my Hobbit weapon replicas in my house but the scabbard for Sting doesn’t have any sort of mounting plaque, just a belt loop.
I made a mounting bracket in 3D and had it printed at Shapeways.
It fits in the belt loop and is held in place by the tab on top.
A couple of screws attach it to the wall.
The scabbard on display next to Sting. You can buy your own hanger HERE.
Now to make a hanger for the Orcrist scabbard!