Hey everybody! Sadly, there’s not a lot of progress to show this week (which also explains the lack of posts in previous weeks.

I got the Dothraki sword painted and clear coated, so now it was time to add the ornaments. On each side of the pommel, I glued amber acrylic cabochons.

Progress_Aug10_006

At the base of the blade, I glued the cast resin doodads. Once I get the triangular resin gems, one will be glued in the middle.

Progress_Aug10_007

I received for my Stormtrooper blaster kit beautiful resin copies of Sterling magazines to update my blaster kit.

Progress_Aug10_008

In order to make the new magazines fit, I had to Dremel out the magazine well and thin up the walls.

Progress_Aug10_009

The new magazine seated in the well.

Progress_Aug10_010

The blaster kit did not come with an internal bolt to attach the charging handle. I cut a piece of wooden dowel and drilled out a hole for the handle.

Progress_Aug10_011

I drilled a hole for a threaded rod which will help secure the handle.

Progress_Aug10_012

I drilled a hole in the charging handle and threaded the hole using a tap and die kit.

Progress_Aug10_013

Test fit.

Progress_Aug10_014

This is when I realized that the bolt would not slide into the barrel with a threaded rod poking out the side. I was able to remove the rod from the bolt and glue it into the handle.

Progress_Aug10_015

Test fit of the bolt in the barrel.

Progress_Aug10_016

I expect to make more progress on the blaster this weekend and maybe work on the Turtle as well.

Tagged with →  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: