I spent most of the morning cleaning up the star holes and finally got them back to a presentable state. I drilled the magnet holes and gave the whole thing a final coat of primer. Next I have to make a new mold so that I can cast copies next weekend.

Between rounds of putty, I also worked on the Hellboy pistol’s barrel insert. After smoothing the seam line, it really started to look like a real gun. Not only does the rifling keep it from looking like a flare gun, it adds an authenticity to the prop that I wasn’t expecting.

I didn’t get as much done as I would’ve liked but every little bit helps! And I did get to see Dredd!

Tagged with →  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: